Templates, how to create CMS templates
Templates form the basis for layouts within the site. It gives the underlying structure and rules for what can be added and where it can be placed.
This process is conducted through the Front end of id and depends completely on the level of security.
To create a Template:
- Navigate to the subsite for which the user wants to create the subsite template.
- Now, click on the Layout Manager located on the Generic toolbar. (image)
- Click on Add option located on the menu bar. (image)
- Click on the subsite template from the drop-down. (image)
- The New Subsite Template wizard will be initiated. Enter the Details.
- Specify the name of the template and give the description.
- Users with ‘Full Control’ access will see a list of subsites. Select the template for which the new subsite template be made available to. (image)
- Click on Create tab. (image)
- Click on the Auto tab on the left to insert a row. (image )
- Click on the settings icon located on Auto tab at the top to insert a column. (image)
- To merge columns or rows, click on the structure tab located on the Generic toolbar and then click on merge option.(image)
- To split a cell within the template, select the cell and then click on split option. (image)
- Setting up the cell width- Go to auto and click on setting button. A drop-down list will appear. User can now set the fixed pixel width or set a fixed percentage width. Then, click on Apply tab.
- The Components tab lets the user to add various components with content to the template layout.
- Adding components: To add components to the template layout, click on the components tab and select the desired component from the given drop downs:
- Site framework
- Now, drag and drop the components onto the template.(image)
- Provides the user with the ability to Edit the template title, description and active status. (image)
- Version Control
- It keeps track of the changes made to the template and provides user with information related to these changes. Also allows the user to revert to a previous version if required. (image)
- Saving the Template: Click on the Save button and enter the description in the description box. Either select exit without saving checkbox or exit and save template option according to user’s requirement. (image)
- To Edit and Delete a Template
- Navigate to a pre-existing folder that gives a list of template/templates.
- Click on Subsite Templates tab and select the title of the template within the list.(image)
- As soon as the user clicks on the template tab, the edit and delete option will appear above the title bar.
- Click on Edit and the template will open up in edit mode. (image)
- After clicking on the checkbox, click on Delete option and the user will be prompted with a message box. Click on the Delete tab to finally delete the template. (image)