What is it?
The Breadcrumb Bar allows users to retrace their steps by acting as a secondary navigation. Once added, the Breadcrumb Bar component displays the Breadcrumb Bar details from the system within site layouts.
When do I use it?
We recommend including the Breadcrumb Bar component in the top cell when creating site layout templates in Layout Manager. Place the Breadcrumb Bar component underneath the Navigation component. Other components to add within the top cell would be the Site Header and the Navigation.
Adding the Breadcrumb Bar component to a site layout
Note: a security level of contributor or higher is needed to edit a layout
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Breadcrumb Bar component.
- Go to the top toolbar, select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, select Site Framework > Breadcrumb Bar and drag it to the desired location on your layout.
Setting properties for the Breadcrumb Bar component
You can edit the spacing around the Breadcrumb Bar to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click the Breadcrumb Bar component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Increase or decrease padding as required.
- Click Save.