What is it?
The Breadcrumb Bar allows the users to easily retrace their steps by acting as a secondary navigation.
The Breadcrumb Bar component automatically displays the breadcrumb bar details from the system within site layouts where it has been added.
When do I use it?
We recommend that you include the Breadcrumb Bar component in the top cell when creating site layout templates in Layout Manager. Other components that should also be added are the Site Header and Navigation components. In most cases, the Breadcrumb Bar component is placed underneath the Navigation component.
To add the Breadcrumb Bar component to a site layout
Note: you need to have a Security level of Contributor or higher in order to edit a layout
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the breadcrumb bar.
- From the top toolbar select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, click Breadcrumb Bar and drag to the required location on your layout.
Set Properties for the Breadcrumb Bar component
You can edit the spacing around the Breadcrumb Bar to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click the Breadcrumb Bar component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Increase or decrease padding as required.
- Click Save.