What is it?
Site navigation is essential for getting your people to where they need to go, it can include links to pages, files, applications and external sites.
Automatically displays an existing vertical or horizontal navigation bar created within the Nav Editor feature available from the Admin of the intranet. Navigation can be unique for a site, or shared from other sites.
When do I use it?
When creating a site layout or template in Layout Manager, it's a good idea to add the Navigation into the top cell, underneath the Site Header and above the Breadcrumb Bar. The horizontal navigation is typically used across the intranet, directing users to global content; whereas the vertical navigation is typically used within a site to direct users to specific content.
Adding the Navigation component to a site layout
Note: you need to have a Security level of Contributor or higher in order to edit a layout.
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Navigation.
- From the top toolbar select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, click Navigation and drag to the required location on your layout.
Setting properties for the Navigation component
You can select the required Navigation and edit the spacing around it to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click the Navigation component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the required Navigation.
- Increase or decrease the padding as required.
- Click Save.