What is it?
Put a face to a name and track down skills. Search employee profiles to find experts and make collaborative connections using the Profile Directory.
Profile Directory Component
Allows the users to find people by using multiple terms for a better searching and the fields completed by users in their profiles become easily searchable.
When do I use it?
One of the most important goals of your intranet is to be able to connect your employees. By including the Profile Directory component within site layouts, your users are able to search and access valuable information about their colleagues by name, location, skills or experience.
To add the Profile Directory component to a site layout
Note: you need to have a Security level of Contributor or higher in order to edit a layout
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Profile Directory.
- From the top toolbar select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, click Profile Directory and drag to the required location on your layout.
Set Properties for the Profile Directory component
You can edit the spacing around the Profile Directory to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click the Profile Directory component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Increase or decrease padding as required.
- Click Save.