What is it?
Use the #Channel Feed component to keep track of all activities within #channels. View activities within #channels, what colleagues are up to, and view the most recent updates. All posts (including those you are following) will appear within the #Channel Feed component.
When do I use it?
Add the #Channel Feed component anywhere in a layout. It increases visibility and fosters collaboration, allowing everyone to see current activity and connect to conversations.
Adding the component to a site Layout
Note: a security level of contributor or higher is needed to edit a layout
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the #Channel Feed component.
- Go to the top toolbar, select Edit>Live and select Add Components.
- From the Add Components list, select Applications > #Channel Feed and drag it to the desired location on your layout.
Setting properties for the #Channel Feed component
You can select the required #channel feed and edit the spacing around it to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click the #Channel Feed Component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit Button
- Heading: The title that appears on the live site above the Channel Component. If left empty, the heading will either be 'All #Channels Feed' or hashtag of the selected #Channel.
- Feed Content: Content owners can either select All #Channels or a Specific #Channel. Selecting ‘All #Channels’ will display a combined feed of the latest activity from all #Channels. Selecting ‘Specific #Channel’ will display only the latest activity feed mentioned by a person.
- Number of posts: Select the number of posts to display within the component from the drop-down. You can pick any number from 1 to 10. By default the value will be 3 for older components.
- Increase or decrease the padding as desired.
7. Click Save.