What is it?
The Activity Feed component allows you to display Activity Feed posts across a layout, page, or profile.
When do I use it?
The Activity Feed component can be added anywhere in a layout (however, adding it to the top cell is not recommended). The Activity Feed component is used to keep the users engaged with the current posts in a feed. It adds a dynamic element to layouts, pages, and profiles. You can view the posts on a layout, page, or profile without accessing the profile.
Adding the Activity Feed component to a site layout:
Note: a security level of contributor or higher is needed to edit a layout.
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Activity Feed.
- Go to the top toolbar, select Edit > Live and select Components.
- From the Add Components list, click Application > Activity feed and drag it to the desired location on your layout.
Setting properties for the Activity Feed component:
You can edit the spacing around the Activity Feed to change how it looks in your layout.
- In your layout, click the Activity Feed component. The properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Increase or decrease Padding as desired.
- Click Save.