Activity Feed Component
What is it?
The Activity Feed component allows you to display the logged in user’s Activity feed posts across a layout, page or profile.
When do I use it?
The Activity Feed Component can be added anywhere in the layout but it is highly recommended to not add it in the top cell. It is used to keep the users engaged with the current posts in the feed. It adds up a dynamic element to the layouts, pages and profile. You can actually view the posts on a layout, page or profile without accessing the profile.
To add the Activity Feed component to a site layout:
Note: you need to have a security level of contributor or higher in order to edit a layout.
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Activity Feed.
- From the top toolbar select Edit> live and then select components.
- From the Add Components list, click Activity feed and drag it to the required location on your layout.
Set Properties for the Activity Feed Component:
You can edit the spacing around the Activity Feed to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click the Activity Feed component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Increase or decrease padding as required.
- Click Save.