What is it?
The Company Calendar lets you to embed calendar or calendars from a subsite. This functionality provides you with the ability to display the same calendar or a series of calendars in multiple locations within GreenOrbit.
When do I use it?
The Company Calendar component can be added anywhere in a layout (however, adding it to the top cell is not recommended). It is easy to put calendar information throughout the site; you can also select the view type from the multiple options depending on your requirement. When you change calendar events it will update in multiple locations.
Adding the Company Calendar component to a site Layout
Note: a security level of contributor or higher is needed to edit a layout.
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Company Calendar.
- Go to the top toolbar, select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, select Application > Company Calendar and drag it to the desired location in your layout.
Setting properties for the Company Calendar component:
You can edit the spacing around the Company Calendar to change how it looks in your layout:
- In your layout, click on the Company Calendar component. The properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select your desired calendar from the menu tree.
- Select the Display Format from the drop-down.
Display Format options:
Month: displays each day of the month.
Detailed Day: displays the current day with an hourly listing of events, as well as an All Day row for 'all day' events.
Detailed Week: displays each day of the week with an hourly listing of the event, as well as an All Day row for 'all day' events.
Basic Day: displays the current day only.
List Week: displays events of each day vertically for 1 week.
List Fortnight: displays events of each day vertically for 2 weeks.
- (Optional) Select the switch to turn on/off Overlay Calendars. This enables the calendar to list events from the selected overlay calendars.
- (Optional) Select the switch to turn on/off Display Specific Date. This determines if the calendar should display a specific date. If it is not selected, then the current date will be shown.
- Select the First day of the week, Minimum Time, and Maximum Time from the drop-down menus.
- Increase or decrease padding as desired.
- Click Save.