What is it?
The Company Calendar lets you to embed calendar or calendars from a subsite. This functionality provides you with the ability to display the same calendar or a series of calendars in multiple locations within GreenOrbit.
When do I use it?
The Company Calendar component can be added anywhere in the layout except the top cell, as it is recommended to not add it in the top cell. It is easy to put calendar information throughout the site; you can also select the view type from the multiple options depending upon your requirement. If you change the calendar events then it reflects in multiple locations.
To add the Company Calendar component to a site Layout
Note: you need to have a security level of contributor or higher in order to edit a layout.
1. Navigate to the site where you want to add the company calendar.
2. From the top toolbar select Edit>Live and then select components.
3. From the Add Components list, click company calendar and drag to the required location on your layout.
Set properties for the Company Calendar Component:
You can edit the spacing around the Company Calendar to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click on the company calendar component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the Display Format from the drop-down.
Month view-Displays each day of the month.
Detailed Day- Displays the current day with an hourly listing of events, as well as an All Day row for 'all day' events.
Detailed Week- Displays each day of the week with an hourly listing of the event, as well as an All Day row for 'all day' events.
Basic Day- Displays the current day only.
List Week- Displays events of each day vertically for 1 week.
List Fortnight- Displays events of each day vertically for 2 weeks.
- Include Overlay Calendars- It enables the calendar to list events from the selected overlay calendars.
- Switch on the Display Specific Date to determine if the calendar should display a specific date. If, it is not selected then the current date will be used.
- The user should select the First day of the week , Minimum time and Maximum time from the drop-down in the Component properties wizard.
4. Increase or decrease padding as required.
5. Click Save.