What is it?
The News component allows you to embed existing News Categories that can be used in other locations of GreenOrbit. The news created in the admin or in the front end can be displayed with the help of the News component.
When do I use it?
The news component can be added anywhere in a layout. You can easily create and share news across the site, as well as select the display format for your news from three different display formats.
Adding the News component to a site layout:
Note: a security level of contributor or higher is needed to edit a layout
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the News component.
- From the top toolbar, select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, select Application > News and drag it to the desired location on your layout.
Setting properties for the News component:
You can edit the News component to change how it looks in your layout:
- In your layout, click the News component. The properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select News Category. An existing News Category source can be selected using a menu tree as shown below.
- (Optional) Add a Heading. You can include a heading for the news component. If left blank, no heading will appear.
- Select a Display Format from the drop-down menu.
Display Format options:
In this setting you have three (3) options:.
Standard: the thumbnail and news title are displayed.
Headline: only the news title is displayed in a list style.
Carousel: news articles display in rotating visuals with clickable buttons.
- Select Number of Articles. From the drop-down menu, select the number of articles to display. Selecting Number of Articles in the News component overrides the Number of Articles selected in the Admin. Selecting the 'Default' option displays all images by default.
- Select Padding. Increase or decrease the padding as desired.
- Click Save.