Adding a category:
What Are Quick Link Categories:
As you know quick Links are a list of hyperlinks frequently used to link internal and external pages. Quick Link Categories are designed to help users organize their links into unique categories.
How Do You Create Them:
To create a category you must first login to the Admin and follow the steps provided below.
1. Navigate to Quick Links. Open up the link, the following options are made available: Add Quick Link, Edit Quick Link and Advanced.
2. You want to select Advanced from the menu drop down, another drop down is activated. The following options are available: Add Group, Edit Group, Add Category and Edit Category. From this drop down you want to select the Add Category option.
3. Once selected the wizard opens. Here you enter the details as required:
- Enter the Name: This represents the name of the actual category that is to be created. This will be displayed as a heading in the Admin for the of groups you will create.
- The Description: Provides you the ability to briefly explain what group of links will be housed in this category.
- Below you see an example of the Description which should be an explanation of the type of groups in this category.
- Please be sure to click on Active, so that it becomes visible in Layout Manager. If the active checkbox is not ticked then it won't get added to the layout of the subsite.
4. Click on Next to continue.
5. Modify the User Permissions if required. The users in the Allow list will be able to view and modify this category and the contents. To grant a user access to this category, select them from the Deny list and click the right arrow. The user will now appear on the Allow-list. Now, the user will be able to manage the groups and Quick Links. If a user is not on the list, then they should be added to the Quick Links user group through the administration menu.
6. Click on the Next tab to continue.
7. Review the details, Go Back in order to make any changes.
8. Click on Finish to save.