What is it?
If you have the correct level of security, then you can easily create and display an index of CMS pages within a given folder from any location across the GreenOrbit. When you add any page or pages to the chosen CMS folder, it reflects automatically on the index page.
When do I use it?
The page list component can be added anywhere in the layout according to your requirement except the top cell. You can easily create index pages and can locate pages in a certain area smoothly.
To add the Page List Component to a Site Layout
Note: you need to have a security level of Contributor or higher in order to edit a layout.
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Page List.
- From the top toolbar select Edit> Live and then select components.
- From the Add Components list, click Page list and drag it to the required location on your layout.
Set Properties for the Page List Component:
You can select the Page List and edit the spacing around it to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click the Page List component, the properties are displayed on the left.
- Click on the Edit button.
- You can select the CMS folder from the tree- structure.
Heading- You can give an appropriate Component heading if required.
Target- Select either New Window option from the drop-down to display the content in a new window, or Current Window option to display the content in the same window.
4. Increase or decrease the padding as required.
5. Click Save.