What is it?
If you have the correct level of security, then you can easily create and display an index of CMS pages within a given folder from any location across GreenOrbit. When you add a page(s) to the chosen CMS folder, it updates automatically on the index page.
When do I use it?
The page list component can be added anywhere in a layout (however, adding it to the top cell is not recommended). You can easily create index pages and locate pages in a designated area quickly.
Adding the Page List component to a Site Layout
Note: a security level of contributor or higher is needed to edit a layout
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the Page List.
- Go to the top toolbar, select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, select Application > Page List and drag it to the desired location in your layout.
Setting properties for the Page List component:
You can edit the spacing around the Page List to change how it looks in your layout:
- In the layout, click the Page List component. The properties are displayed on the left.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the desired CMS folder from the menu tree.
- (Optional) Add a Heading. You can include a heading for the Page List component. If left blank, no heading will appear.
- Target- From the drop-down menu select either New Window to display the content in a new window, or Current Window to display the content in the current window.
- Select Padding. Increase or decrease the padding as desired.
- Click Save.