What is it?
Image component lets you add an image from local or network drives. It supports the common file types such as GIF, JPEG, JPG, PNG and BMP.
When do I use it?
You can add the Image component anywhere in your layout to give a more enhanced look to your site. It supports multiple file types and you can also crop as well as resize the images.
To add the Image component to a site layout
Note: you need to have a security level of Contributor or higher in order to edit a layout.
1. Navigate to the site where you want to add the Image.
2. From the top toolbar select Edit>Live and then select components.
3. From the Add Components list, click Image and drag to the required location on your layout.
Set Properties for the Image component
You can select the required image and edit the spacing around it to change how it looks in your layout:
1. In the layout, click the Image component, the properties are displayed on the left.
2. Click on Browse and select an image from your system. You can select the crop tab to crop the image according to the requirement or clear tab to remove the image located under the image.
3. On selecting the crop tab, you can select an Aspect Ratio from the drop down or you can also Zoom in or Zoom out the image by clicking on the slider.
4. Click the Edit button.
5. You can set a link for the image and when you click on the image, the link gets launched. Select the target window, if you want the image to open in a new window then select New window from the drop-down otherwise select current window and the image's link will open in the same window.
6.Increase or decrease the padding as required.
7. Click Save.