What is it?
When do I use it?
Adding the HTML component to a site layout:
Note: you need to have a security level of Contributor or higher in order to edit a layout.
1. Navigate to the site where you want to add the HTML component.
2. Go to the top toolbar and select Edit > Live and select Components.
3. From the Add Components list, select Text > HTML and drag it to the desired location on your layout.
Setting properties for the HTML component
You can select the HTML component to directly add HTML code and view output from the component in your layout.
You can also select the HTML component to edit Component Properties, such as the spacing around the HTML component and how it looks in your layout.
In the layout, click the HTML component. The HTML component populates a working HTML code window to write and paste HTML code into.
1 - Coding area with numbered lines for coding/reference
2 - Code View: Toggle between code and preview mode
3 - Undo
4 - Redo
5 - Fullscreen
HTML Component Properties:
1. In the layout, click the HTML component, the properties are displayed on the left.
2. Click the Edit button.
3. (Optional) Add a Heading. You can include a heading for the HTML component. If left blank, no heading will appear.
4. Select Padding. Increase or decrease the padding as desired.
5. Click Save.