What is it?
CMS pages are how information and content is displayed across the intranet to your users.
The CMS Page component allows you to select any CMS page to display within a site layout.
When do I use it?
The content on site home pages is generally targeted to most users, however there may be times you'd like to display some content dedicated to a specific group of users, i.e. Managers, or the Board, etc. The CMS Page component allows you to select a page of content to be displayed within the site home page - only those users with access will see its content.
To add the CMS Page component to a site layout
Note: you need to have a Security level of Contributor or higher in order to edit a layout
- Navigate to the site where you want to add the CMS page
- From the top toolbar select Edit > Live and then select Components.
- From the Add Components list, click CMS Page and drag to the required location on your layout
Set Properties for the CMS Page component
You can select the required CMS Page and edit the spacing around it to change how it looks in your layout.
- In the layout, click on the CMS Page component, the properties are displayed on the left. Note: the component initially appears "empty" as the source of the CMS Page to be displayed has not yet been defined.
- Click the Edit button.
- Select the required CMS Page. Note: to secure the content that will be displayed, Security must be applied at the CMS Page, not here in the component.
- Increase or decrease padding as required.
- Click Save.