Editing/ Deleting a News Article
Select Edit News from the News menu.
Edit the article on the front end.
- The Category - In drop down allows the user to move an article to another News category in this subsite.
- Link Existing Content - User can select the radio button to enter a new URL Link to link to existing content
- Thumbnail: User can upload a thumbnail for the news article. If you do not upload a thumbnail, the category's default thumbnail will be displayed (Note: the thumbnail will only be displayed with the News article on the intranet if
thumbnails have been enabled for the selected category. The recommended size for a thumbnail is 71 x 50 pixels)
- News Summary is displayed beneath the title, if the category has summaries enabled, this summary will be visible when the article is displayed in a list on the intranet
- Body is displayed beneath the summary. This is where the content creators would add content for the news article to be displayed on the intranet.
User sets the date and time that an article is displayed on the intranet.
Select Publish Date if you would like the article to appear on the intranet after a certain date / time.
Select the appropriate date from the drop down list (eg. a weekly News article may be produced, the article can be created at any time but will only be displayed on the intranet from the date / time as entered)
Select Expiry Date if you would like to select a date / time for the article to expire and be
removed from the intranet
By default, News articles are displayed in date order, with the most recent article at the top.
To modify the Pin Article of an article, select from the drop down list (Note: 1 = top rank)
Pinned Position Expiry of an Article
This is where the user will set the expiry date on the news articles displayed position.
Deleting a News Article:
1. Select News Article from the News menu. Select the action - "Delete".