A Master Profile is the standard profile that is used by all the intranet users. Any user with a Full Control access can create a master profile.
To Create a Master Profile Template:
1. Click on the view option from the drop-down in My Profile located on the right at the top in the Top toolbar.
2. A screen with the dialog box will be prompted that would suggest you to create a Master profile.
Only a "Full Control User" can add/manage "Master Profiles". All other users will only be able to see the option to "Edit and Change Password."
3. Select Create a new Master Profile, then select Add New Template from the dialog box.
4. Once the naming wizard opens up, enter the details for the template that you are creating.
*** Title: give a name to the Master Profile template.
*** Description: Give an appropriate description about the template.
6. Click "Finish". This action opens up the template. The Full Control User has access to the structure to create a template that comprises of columns, rows and layout, which determines where the components can sit on the Master Profile.
NOTE: Multiple Master Profile Templates can be created but only one Master profile with a single template is used at a single time.
To use the template in Master Profile:
1. Once the template is created, create Master Profile by using the drag and drop option in the editor. Select the components that you want to appear on the Master Profile and drag them to the designated cell on the template.
2. Once the component is on the template you must edit the component in order to display the content.
3. Selecting the section that you want to edit click "Edit". This will open a new wizard that allows the user the opportunity to select various form fields to populate in the Master Profile. Once you have made all of your selections click "Save".
4. From the editor save and exit. Review your page to ensure it looks like you had envisioned.