What is it?
It allows users to set up Required Read/View or read receipts for important content that the users must read or view. Once having read/viewed the content, users can confirm having read/viewed it. This functionality is available within the CMS application - for files and pages.
Adding Required Read/View
(Note: Any user with Read only access or above to a file/page, can add Required Read/View for it)
1. Click on Library or Publish link to be taken to CMS
2. Click on the folder with the file/page for which Required Read/View is to be setup.
3. Select the checkbox corresponding to the file/page for which Required Read/View is to be assigned
4. Click on Required Read/View and select Add in the dropdown menu
5. Search for users/user groups and click Add
6. Add Due Date (optional)
7. Click Save. In the folder, the item will now be labelled with the tag Assigned Read/View
Editing Required Read/View
1. Select the item by clicking the check box
2. Click on Required Read/View and select Edit in the dropdown menu
3. Make changes to the list of users or due date (Eg: Add new users or user groups in the list)
4. Click Save
Notifications for Required Read/View
1. The users will be notified about the Required Read/View assigned to them via the bell icon on the top tool bar.
(There will be no email/activity feed notifications.)
2. Assignees can click on the links in the Required Read/View section to access the detailed Required Read/View section
Required Read/View section
1. Accessible via the links on the bell icon in the top tool bar
2. My Read/View List
Has all the Unread, Pending and Overdue items assigned as Required Read/View for the logged in user
- Unread - Items that the user has not read/viewed. Users can select the item and click on View to view/read it.
- Pending - Items that the user has read/viewed but has not confirmed as having read/viewed. Users can select the item to Confirm reading/viewing them.
- Overdue - Unread / Overdue -Pending - Items that are past the due date but are either Unread or Pending.
3. Confirmed Read/Views
The items confirmed by the logged in user as having read/viewed. Users can select an item to either View Confirmation or Download the item.
4. Assigned by Me
Required Read/View assigned by the logged in user.
Users can select an item to View or Edit the Required Read/View.
They can also download the report (Excel doc) for the Required Read/View they assigned by clicking on the Download Report option.