How To Add Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links are used to promoting content so that it always appears at the top of the Search results page. These sponsored links are always highlighted and appear in the results page when a keyword criterion is met.
For example, if the user searches for "Intranet" a sponsored link for the Intranet DASHBOARD website would appear as the first link (identified as a sponsored link).
Step 1 - To Add a Sponsored Link, select Search > Sponsored Links > Add Sponsored Link from the Application Explorer or from the Search Menu Select Your Action
Step 2 - Once you select the link you will be taken through a Wizard to fill out the Details of the Sponsored Link.
- Enter a Name for the Sponsored Link
- Select the Active checkbox
- Set a Priority on this Sponsored Link
Step 3 - You can add a set of Keywords or Phrases to a Sponsored Link. You can also tie a Sponsored Link to a single keyword and/or phrases by selecting the Match Type as:
- Broad Match - This is the default option. If your search contained the keyword Intranet DASHBOARD, your sponsored link would be entitled to appear when a user's search query contained Intranet and DASHBOARD, in any order, and possibly along with other terms
- Or Match - This will return results with any of the search terms that match your keyword criterion. For example, if your search contained the keyword Intranet DASHBOARD, your Sponsored Link would be entitled to appear when a user's search query contained Intranet or DASHBOARD, in any order, and along with other terms
- Exact Match - If your keywords are enclosed by square brackets - such as [Intranet DASHBOARD] - your Sponsored Link ad would be entitled to appear when a user searches for the specific phrase Intranet DASHBOARD, in this order, and without any other terms in the query. Another example would be, your ad wouldn't show for the query Intranet DASHBOARD portal or Intranet DASHBOARDs
- Phrase Match - If your keyword(s) are enclosed by quotation marks - such as Intranet Extranet Portal, your Sponsored Link ad would be entitled to appear when a user searches on the phrase Intranet Extranet Portal, in this order, and possibly with other terms before and after the phrase. For example, your Sponsored Link ad could appear for the query Intranet Extranet Portal but not for Intranet DASHBOARD portal, Intranet Extranet or Intranet Portal. Phrase match is more targeted than board match but more flexible than exact match.
Step 4 - Once you have set your Keywords and Match Type, next you want to add the Link Details for the Sponsored Link.
- A Title Sponsored Link
- A Link for the Sponsored Link
- A Description for the Sponsored Link
The Title, Link, and Description are details that will be displayed as Search results
Step 5 - Finish