The Error Manager functionality is used to identify and review details of server-side errors that occur in your intranet (For example, Object Reference Errors, 500 Errors etc).
An Administrator with Superuser can access the Error Manager from the Admin console.
Login to the Admin interface and go to Administration > Utilities > Error Manager
To view Error Log
1. Login to the Admin interface and go to Administration > Utilities > Error Manager > View Error Log
2. Enter the Display Criteria to view the corresponding error log and click Submit.
- Error Type - choose All Errors or Scripting Error from the drop-down list.
[Note: For scripting errors, email the details to firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Choose a Subsite Group and Subsite to filter the logs specific to them.
- Select a particular Page Owner to view errors specific to their content.
- Check the box for Include Resolved Errors to display the errors which an administrator has already marked as "Resolved".
- The Start Date and End Date allow you to view the logs in a selected date range.
To clear Error Log
This feature allows Admin users with Superuser permissions to clear the error logs generated until a selected date. They can further filter out the logs based on the status of the error - Unresolved or Resolved.
1. Login to the Admin interface and go to Administration > Utilities > Error Manager > Clear Error Log
2. Occurred on or before: all the logs generated until the selected date will be cleared
And are: option to filter the logs based on the status of the error
- Unresolved - clears only the logs of unresolved errors
- Resolved - clears only the logs of resolved errors
- Either Resolved or Unresolved - clears all error logs (both unresolved and resolved)
3. Click Apply to clear the error logs and remain on the same screen.
Click OK to delete the logs and return to the View Error Log section.
After selecting Apply or OK, a popup appears asking the user to confirm deletion of the logs.
Select OK to confirm. To exit without clearing the logs, click Cancel.